We are so honored to have been invited to be one of the beneficiaries of Karma Krew’s Nationwide Yogathon in support of numerous grassroots outreach programs throughout the nation!
If you are a yoga teacher, studio, or know someone who is involved with yoga…won’t you consider being an ambassador for us as well? It will help us be on our way to bringing our program to young women at Children are our Future in Chatsworth, CA who are victims of every kind of abuse and some of whom have been through prostitution, incarceration and worse. See details below the poster to register.
I am so excited to share with you that this June, we will be collaborating with grassroots yoga nonprofits across the country for a truly amazing expression of unity: Karma Krew’s Peace by Peace Yogathon~ a 30 day yoga challenge to support yoga outreach across the United States. And we would like to officially invite you to join dozens of studios across the country as an official Yogathon Ambassador! Your support will raise vital funds and awareness for Lotus Light Arts’ cause while empowering your students and increasing attendance at your studio.
Will you join us by being a Yogathon Ambassador this year?
Being a Yogathon Ambassador is a simple, free and low maintenance way to have a very high impact for the greater good. In general you are helping us spread the word so we can get as many people signed up as possible. We provide you with:
· Free posters and postcards to display and distribute in your local yoga communities and studios.
· A website banner (attached)
· Pre-written email templates to use in your email blast newsletters to your students.
. A Facebook event invitation to share with your social media network
. Pre-written Press Release to distribute to local media outlets for some positive community PR!!
Once the word is out to your students they will log onto the event website, www.karmakrew.org, and register for the event by challenging themselves to practice more yoga with you throughout the month of June. Each participant will be able to enter us as the yoga-based nonprofit they want to support and will receive their own online fundraising page where friends and family can pledge a specific dollar amount for each class they take during the month. The more they practice, the more they raise for yoga outreach. With the support of many yoga teachers, studios, and yoga-based businesses such as I LOVE YOGA, The Caribbean Yoga Conference, Be Present, Bella Luna Yoga, Kripalu, and Asana Green, this is going to be an amazing nationwide event!
As an Ambassador, you will appear on Karma Krew’s website as one of the official sponsors of this Nationwide Event with a link to your site so we can drive traffic your way too. It’s that simple. Promotion will begin May 1st, so please be sure to let us know as soon as possible if you’d like to join us by replying to the Peace by Peace Yogathon Coordinator, Megan Roop, at email@example.com with the following information:
Name of Your Studio:
Nonprofit You are an Ambassador For (Please list Lotus Light Arts here )
Mailing Address (for posters & postcards):
Quantity of Posters & Quantity of Postcards:
There is no cost involved. We are just tremendously grateful for your continued support of this shared aspiration.
Together we can make a difference, peace by peace .
With Deep Gratitude,
A workshop that includes Yoga/Meditation/Reiki/Tarot/Handwriting Analysis/HypnoArt, tea, snacks, and a jewelery vendor! All we are missing is a food truck! De-stress, have fun and relax just in time for the hectic holidays. You’ll also be helping your community and the women of the future. All proceeds go to Lotus Light Arts, a non-profit outreach program for at-risk young women who are in homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, etc. or are in treatment for eating disorders, substance abuse, depression and more. LLA provides these young women with tools to build self-awareness, confidence and accountability through health education, character development, problem solving, yoga, meditation and the creative arts.
*None of the activities are mandatory. There are 5 ticket price options for every budget (See below.)!*
SCHEDULE (See descriptions below.):
1:00-2:30pm: Join us for a gentle Hatha Yoga & Meditation Class
2:30-4:00pm: Tea & Snacks in the Courtyard
1:00-4pm: Your choice of any or ALL of the following (15 min. sessions):
1. Reiki Chakra Balancing with Mely Gonzalez, C.Ht.
2. HypnoArt with Thea Pueschel, C.Ht.
3. Handwriting Analysis with Adriana Franco, C.Ht
4. Tarot Reading with Daniel Kusunoki or Kerri Decarvalho
1. Yoga & Meditation – $20 + a free complimentary gift (Purchase of 2 or more tickets gives you one free healing or reading option above.)
2. Single Spirit Options (Healings or Readings) – $5 each
3. Spirit Option Package (Healings and Readings) – $17 (For those who want to try all 4 of the fantastic spirit options.)
1. YOGA & MEDITATION* with, Gina Riva, a certified yoga instructor and LLA’s ED, Founder and Director. *PLEASE BRING A MAT OR LET US KNOW AND WE WILL SUPPLY ONE FOR YOU!
A gentle, all-level Hatha class, beginners welcome! With ha meaning “sun” and tha meaning “moon,” Hatha Yoga is commonly translated as the yoga that brings union “of the pairs of opposites.” Hatha Yoga is first of all concentrating on the practice of postures (asanas) and breath control (pranayama) to energize the subtle channels – channels of mind and the channels of chitta, the feeling self or being. The objective of Hatha Yoga is obviously to remove the obstacles to address the further steps of Pratyahara (sense-withdrawal), Dharana (Concentration), Dhyana (Meditation) and Samadhi (Balance). We will end with a beautiful guided meditation in Savasana (Resting Pose).
*If you are not interested in yoga and would still like to come and show your support, you may come while yoga is in session and take part in any or all of the Healings or Readings above.
2. CHAKRA BALANCING with Mely Gonzales, C.Ht., a Hypnotherapist/ Reiki Practitioner in Los Feliz. Hypnotherapy is very effective in addressing the mind/ body connection in healing, in conjunction with the wonderful tool of Reiki, and with my clients’ will power I can help them reach their own success, with my guidance we can work on any goal or change they want to acquire. Anxiety, fear and sadness prevent us from being and expressing ourselves, as we truly should be.
The art of Reiki is a “spiritually guided life force energy” Passed on through palms, Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind, spirit and our 7 chakras, creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. The goal being to balance your chakras for your maximum spiritual benefits.
3. HYPNOART with Thea Pueschel, C.Ht., the owner of Hypnotiq Solutions a private general hypnotherapy practice located in Atwater Village. Whether it’s hypnosis, painting, filmmaking or guided imagery, Thea likes to help others explore their imagination and all the senses that come with it by facilitating the removal of creative and emotional blocks. In the past year she has conducted adult and youth guided imagery workshops focusing on creativity and relaxation. http://www.hypnotiqsolutions.net/
HypnoArt is an exploration of creativity through hypnosis and artistic expression bypassing the critical mind, allowing the individual to stream their creativity without judgment. Whether the individual is creative or has the wish to be, this modality provides the freedom to explore while in a relaxed state. Art supplies will be provided.
4. HANDWRITING ANALYSIS with Adriana Franco, C.Ht. Handwriting Analysis provides insight into the individual’s personality, motivations, inclinations and desires. Handwriting is a dual process of both the conscious and the subconscious. The conscious mind determines what you will write and the subconscious provides the how (style/slant, etc). Through the strokes of the pen traits and inclinations are revealed.
5. TAROT READING with Daniel Kusunoki or Kerri Decarvalho. Tarot reading revolves around the belief that the cards can be used to gain insight into the current and possible future situations of the subject (or querent). Some believe they are guided by a spiritual force, such as Gaia, while others believe the cards help them tap into a collective unconscious or their own creative, brainstorming subconscious.
* VENDOR: Beautiful one-of-a-kind jewelery by, Mary Ann Elders will be available for purchase as well, with a percentage going to LLA. http://www.onelovejewelry.com/zen/
Because studio space is limited, tickets for yoga may sell out. If you still wish to support us and would like to come for the Healings and Readings, you are invited to come anytime during the event. Each ticket buyer will receive a sign-up sheet for specific times in his or her e-mail so we can ensure you get the best experience.
Special thanks to:
We had 3 FANTASTIC BANDS:
Neil Morrow in Memphis 54 (with our dear friend Ronnie Mendoza on guitar!)
The Jane Doe’s!!!!
There were fantastic donors for the raffle:
Malo Restaurant ~ $50 Gift Certificate
Wacko Soap Plant ~ $25 Gift Certificate
Wurstküche Restaurant ~ $20 Gift Certificate
A wonderful Yoga/Meditation CD by Dharma Gypsys from yoga teacher extroidanaire ~ Daniel Overberger
Cool vending machine from ~ Steven Milano
Great Aveda products from ~ Andrea Sambucci
Great Art from local artists:
Thanks to all the volunteers for their time and hard work:
Thanks to all the bands, donors and supporters who came out and who donated on the website if they couldn’t. A special shout out to Phil Semenik for coming AND donating above and beyond. And of course, thanks to Tony’s for donating their space!