Please join us for a workshop that includes Yoga/Meditation/Reiki/Tarot/Handwriting Analysis/HypnoArt, tea, snacks, and a jewlery vendor! All we are missing is a food truck! De-stress, have fun and relax just in time for the hectic holidays. You’ll also be helping your community and the women of the future. All proceeds go to Lotus Light Arts, a non-profit outreach program for at-risk young women who are in homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, etc. or are in treatment for eating disorders, substance abuse, depression and more. LLA provides these young women with tools to build self-awareness, confidence and accountability through health education, character development, problem solving, yoga, meditation and the creative arts.
*None of the activities are mandatory. There are 5 ticket price options for every budget (See below.)!*
SCHEDULE (See descriptions below.):
1:00-2:30pm: Join us for a gentle Hatha Yoga & Meditation Class
2:30-4:00pm: Tea & Snacks in the Courtyard
1:00-4pm: Your choice of any or ALL of the following (15 min. sessions):
1. Reiki Chakra Balancing with Mely Gonzalez, C.Ht.
2. HypnoArt with Thea Pueschel, C.Ht.
3. Handwriting Analysis with Adriana Franco, C.Ht
4. Tarot Reading with Daniel Kusunoki or Kerri Decarvalho
1. Yoga & Meditation – $20 + a free complimentary gift (Purchase of 2 or more tickets gives you one free healing or reading option above.)
2. Single Spirit Options (Healings or Readings) – $5 each
3. Spirit Option Package (Healings and Readings) – $17 (For those who want to try all 4 of the fantastic spirit options.)
1. YOGA & MEDITATION* with, Gina Riva, a certified yoga instructor and LLA’s ED, Founder and Director. *PLEASE BRING A MAT OR LET US KNOW AND WE WILL SUPPLY ONE FOR YOU!
A gentle, all-level Hatha class, beginners welcome! With ha meaning “sun” and tha meaning “moon,” Hatha Yoga is commonly translated as the yoga that brings union “of the pairs of opposites.” Hatha Yoga is first of all concentrating on the practice of postures (asanas) and breath control (pranayama) to energize the subtle channels – channels of mind and the channels of chitta, the feeling self or being. The objective of Hatha Yoga is obviously to remove the obstacles to address the further steps of Pratyahara (sense-withdrawal), Dharana (Concentration), Dhyana (Meditation) and Samadhi (Balance). We will end with a beautiful guided meditation in Savasana (Resting Pose).
*If you are not interested in yoga and would still like to come and show your support, you may come while yoga is in session and take part in any or all of the Healings or Readings above.
2. CHAKRA BALANCING with Mely Gonzales, C.Ht., a Hypnotherapist/ Reiki Practitioner in Los Feliz. Hypnotherapy is very effective in addressing the mind/ body connection in healing, in conjunction with the wonderful tool of Reiki, and with my clients’ will power I can help them reach their own success, with my guidance we can work on any goal or change they want to acquire. Anxiety, fear and sadness prevent us from being and expressing ourselves, as we truly should be.
The art of Reiki is a “spiritually guided life force energy” Passed on through palms, Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind, spirit and our 7 chakras, creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. The goal being to balance your chakras for your maximum spiritual benefits.
3. HYPNOART with Thea Pueschel, C.Ht., the owner of Hypnotiq Solutions a private general hypnotherapy practice located in Atwater Village. Whether it’s hypnosis, painting, filmmaking or guided imagery, Thea likes to help others explore their imagination and all the senses that come with it by facilitating the removal of creative and emotional blocks. In the past year she has conducted adult and youth guided imagery workshops focusing on creativity and relaxation. http://www.hypnotiqsolutions.net/
HypnoArt is an exploration of creativity through hypnosis and artistic expression bypassing the critical mind, allowing the individual to stream their creativity without judgment. Whether the individual is creative or has the wish to be, this modality provides the freedom to explore while in a relaxed state. Art supplies will be provided.
4. HANDWRITING ANALYSIS with Adriana Franco, C.Ht. Handwriting Analysis provides insight into the individual’s personality, motivations, inclinations and desires. Handwriting is a dual process of both the conscious and the subconscious. The conscious mind determines what you will write and the subconscious provides the how (style/slant, etc). Through the strokes of the pen traits and inclinations are revealed.
5. TAROT READING with Daniel Kusunoki or Kerri Decarvalho. Tarot reading revolves around the belief that the cards can be used to gain insight into the current and possible future situations of the subject (or querent). Some believe they are guided by a spiritual force, such as Gaia, while others believe the cards help them tap into a collective unconscious or their own creative, brainstorming subconscious.
* VENDOR: Beautiful one-of-a-kind jewelery by, Mary Ann Elders will be available for purchase as well, with a percentage going to LLA. http://www.onelovejewelry.com/zen/
Because studio space is limited, tickets for yoga may sell out. If you still wish to support us and would like to come for the Healings and Readings, you are invited to come anytime during the event. Each ticket buyer will receive a sign-up sheet for specific times in his or her e-mail so we can ensure you get the best experience.
Special thanks to: